A Sydney mother has revealed her horror after she was bombarded with a series of expensive medical bills following an innocuous injury suffered on holiday. Rachael Minaway, 32, was heading on a dream vacation to Hawaii with a friend when their holiday took an unfortunate turn just hours into their trip. “We were really excited to get our car from the airport and then go straight to the beach,” she explained to Yahoo News Australia. “I went to put our valuables into the glove box and I smashed my finger into it.” Ms Minaway’s finger quickly swelled after cracking her acrylic nail. Source: Supplied Ms Minaway cracked her acrylic fingernail with the blow but didn’t think anything of it until it began to swell and bleed and her hand started to tremble. Her friend urged her to seek medical treatment so the pair searched for the nearest medical centre. […]