You are invited to take part in an important public forum on medication use – Medication: Myths, Mistakes and Misuse
The Australian Patients Association invites you to attend a FREE public forum on the impact of prescription medications. Hear about the positive initiatives being undertaken to address the issue and hear real life stories of how patients and individuals overcame addiction and issues associated with medication misuse.
You’ll learn about the appropriate use of prescription medications, discuss pain management and how patients, the pharmaceutical industry, doctors and pharmacists can work together to educate the public on the appropriate use of medications and develop harm prevention strategies.
Date: Sunday August 5, 2018
Venue: Melbourne Town Hall
Time: 2pm to 4pm (Doors open 1.15pm)
Hear from expert speakers
- Special Guest speaker- Leading sports star impacted by prescription medicines
- Dr Freda Lewis-Hall, regular guest on Dr Phil and The Doctors and Chief Medical Officer Pfizer
- Pharmacy Guild Victorian President Anthony Tassone
- Melbourne GP, Dr George Dade
- A heart felt patient story of living with pain and managing medications
- Panel Q&A facilitated by Emily Rice, Channel 9
- Audience Q&A with panel
For nearly a decade, the Australian Patients Association has worked tirelessly to champion and protect the rights and interests of patients and improve patient care and health outcomes.
*To assist with catering, please book early.