The Australian Patients Association in conjunction with Adviceline Injury Lawyers will be holding a series of free seminars on medical/legal/patients’ rights issues throughout 2017.
Venue: Level 8, 555 Bourke Street, Melbourne
Time: 5:30 PM –6:30 PM
This session offers an overview of the possible outcomes of different types of complaints, being direct to hospital, Health Services Commissioner, Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), and Common Law claims.
In this session, we will discuss access to patient health records, the expectations of all registered medical practitioners, and a patient’s right to choose their own medical professional.
This session offers an overview of medical and legal jargon, a medical professional’s legal requirement to warn patients of dangers and risks associated with a course of treatment, and the importance of patient’s asking questions and understanding the answers.
THURSDAY 12 OCTOBER :
Informed consent: patient questions and the requirement to inform·
Understanding medical and legal jargon
- A medical professional’s legal requirement to warn patients of dangers and risks associated with a course of treatment
- The importance of patient’s asking questions about their concerns and risks, and understanding the answers
THURSDAY 10 AUGUST:
What are my patients’ rights?
· Good Medical Practice: the expectations of all registered medical practitioners
· A patient’s right to choose their own medical professional
THURSDAY 16 MARCH:
Introduction to patient advocacy and compensable injuries
- The advisory role of an advocate: the types of information that legal representatives will request from an advocate
- Compensable injuries: medical negligence, work-related injuries, traffic accidents and public liability. What patients need to know early in their treatment
THURSDAY 15 JUNE:
The patient complaints process ·
· Possible outcomes of different types of complaints
· Direct to hospital Health Services Commissioner Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) Common Law claim
Adviceline Injury Lawyers has been assisting injured Victorians for more than 40 years.
They are leading personal injury practice with a passion for helping clients access the compensation they need to get their lives back on track.
Anyone who is injured or unwell can call their free ‘Adviceline’ telephone service on 03 9321 9988 and speak directly to an expert lawyer about their rights and possible entitlements.
To allow all community members equal access to justice, Adviceline Injury Lawyers’ service is provided ‘No Win, No Fee’.